[Histonet] doing immunos by hand

Hermina Borgerink hborgeri <@t> wfubmc.edu
Thu Aug 19 13:42:10 CDT 2004

Curt,

I do all my immunos by hand (up to 80 slides at a time) using the
MicroProbe Staining system from Fisher.  The system operates by means of
special slides that have a painted surface and a special slide holder.
When paired together (facing each other) a capillary gap is created that
allows fluids to rise between the two slides using capillary action.
You don't need to purchase the complete set up either, just the special
slide holders and isolons (rubber pads with wells to dispense reagents).
I think each slide holder (to stain 20 slides at once) runs around
$250.00.  I'm not sure about the isolons, but they are not that expense
and are re-usable. I routinely use a large panel of antibodies,
including the ones you mentioned. Check the Fisher catalog for more
details.
Hermina

Hermina M. Borgerink, BA, HTL(ASCP)QIHC

Wake Forest University Health Sciences
Department of Pathology
Medical Center Blvd.
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
Tel. (336) 716-1538
Fax (336) 716-1515
e-mail hborgeri <@t> wfubmc.edu

"Treat a man as he appears to be, and you make him worse.  But treat a
man as if he already were what he potentially could be, and you make him
what he should be."  (Goethe)