[Histonet] Staining smears

Therersa Stegall STEGTM <@t> samcstl.org
Fri Aug 13 10:26:10 CDT 2004

A question, if you will.  Does anyone out there know of a method to
stain peripheral and bone marrow smears on an automated stainer (we
recently obtained a Ventana Nexes).  I'm referrring to the routine iron
stains we usually run on several smears, along with the
paraffin-embedded marrow clot slides.  Right now, I'm running the
paraffin sections on the stainer, and doing the smears by hand for fear
of losing the smears on the machine.  Any ideas?  Peace,  Terre