[Histonet] Image analysis and slide scanning machine

Kim Merriam kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 09:16:03 CDT 2004

Hello everyone,

Years ago, I heard of a machine that you could load an entire slide into, scan the slide and then do image analysis on the tissue.  I have no idea who made this machine or even how to search for such a thing on the internet (or the histonet archives).  If anyone has the name of this company, can someone please let me know.

I am currently doing measurements of pancreatic islets as well as measurements of whole mouse pancreas'.  I am needing to take 4-6 pictures per pancreas in order to do this, and it is very time consuming (these studies have up to 90 animals in them).  I need a quicker and easier way to do this!

Help!

Kim

Kim Merriam
Novartis