[Histonet] HTL Practical-Mallory's PTAH

UniPath IHC ihc <@t> unipathllc.com
Thu Aug 12 12:56:08 CDT 2004

Okay, so here's my question.  Is there a secret to getting a decent section
of longitudinal muscle?  I fixed my fresh muscle in Zenker's fluid for about
18 hrs., washed in many changes of water for about 6 hrs., and processed
starting in 70% alcohol (skipping formalin).  I embedded the pieces at a 45
degree angle.  The sections I'm getting are terrible, all shredded and torn.
I've tried soaking on a wet ice cube and soaking in ammonia water, but
neither seems to help.

Brianna Jackson, BS, QIHC

UniPath, LLC

Denver, CO