[Histonet] Problem with VIP 5

Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Mon Aug 9 15:38:50 CDT 2004

Yes - I remember it well - - maybe not so well - but sort of - - -
Had the same problem about 12 years ago with a VIP - there was a ceramic
piece (valve changer?) in machine that spins to allow different solutions
into the retort.  This piece wore down and didn't seat accurately -
allowing other solutions to backwash into the lines.  I don't know if
they've changed this design over the years - but your story struck a
familar chord . . . .

Jackie O'Connor
Abbott Labs
Discovery Chemotherapeutics