[Histonet] Problem with VIP 5

Jill Songer jtsonger <@t> vt.edu
Mon Aug 9 14:40:54 CDT 2004

We are having a problem with our VIP 5 having a strong formalin odor at the
end of the run when we open the retort to remove the tissues. There is also
a large amount of fluid-formalin?? on the lid and in the chamber.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have called Sakura and they are sending
a field service tech but I was curious if anyone has had this problem.
Whenever I call a vendor it seems they always say, well, we haven't had
THIS problem before.

Thanks.

Jill Songer HT (ASCP)
Histopathology Lab
Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine
Teaching Hospital
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0443
www.vetmed.vt.edu