[Histonet] Lac Z staining

Juile Gorenstein j_gorenstein <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 06:58:41 CDT 2004

Hello everyone,
Thank you to those who has responded to my embryo processing e-mail!
I was wondering if anyone has a protocol for lac Z staining on paraffin sections.  I have been staining frozen sections, but have been having a little bit of trouble keeping the tissue attached to the slides (I use Superfrost Plus slides:  I allow the tissue to dry for about an hr after I attach the section to the slide, store them at -80oC and then dry them again before staining -- I stain by hand, it's not an instrument issue).  Please let me know if a protocol for paraffin sections exists.

Thank you in advance,
Julie Gorenstein
Novartis, Cambridge, MA