[Histonet] Glass vs. Tape Coverslippers

Laurie Colbert laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com
Thu Aug 5 10:23:25 CDT 2004

We have a tape coverslipper, and we love it.  It is fast and we have had very few problems with it.  Our pathologists have no problem reading the slides, and as far as I know, there's never been a problem photographing a slide.  We did demo the glass coverslippers when we were first looking for a new coverslipper, and there were too many problems with slides sticking together, air bubbles, and it was just all-around not as "user friendly."

Laurie Colbert
Huntington Hospital

-----Original Message-----
From: WWmn916 <@t> aol.com [mailto:WWmn916 <@t> aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 8:05 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Glass vs. Tape Coverslippers

Hello again,

I'm looking for opinions on the subject of glass coverslippers versus tape
coverslipping.  I have the opportunity to decide on a system.  My only
experience has been with tape coverslipping.  I understand machines  that glass
coverslip are slower than tape systems. Is the refractive index  better with glass
coverslips under the microscope?  Opinions pros/cons are  appreciated.

Deb King, HT(ASCP)
Sacramento, CA