[Histonet] Conundrum

Barbara Lentz Barbara_Lentz <@t> dahlchase.com
Thu Aug 5 07:40:35 CDT 2004

I do not understand why formalin keeps the tissue from falling off, but
I swear by it.  It's especially useful when there is no other tissue
available and we cannot take the chance of the tissue falling off.
Barb

>>> Jennifer MacDonald <JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu> 07/25/04 10:12PM >>>
I am curious about the treatment of the slides in formalin.  I have
heard
of a few places that do this but no one seems to know why.  Does anyone

have a theory on why this helps the tissue stay on the slide?
Jennifer MacDonald

We use the Ventana XT and place some of our slides in 10% NBF for 30
minutes.  This helps the tissue stay on even when the slides haven't
been rehydrated.  Barb