[Histonet] Secondary Antibodies dilutions

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Tue Aug 3 08:59:31 CDT 2004

A rule of thumb is to use 2 - 10 ug/ml, do the calculation from
concentration of antibody found as mg/ml in the specification sheets.  Some
people even use a lesser concentration - we have done dilution panels on
our secondaries at times to determine the optimal concentration needed in
ug/ml.   We tend to average around 1:250 dilution on 0.5mg/ml
concentration.  Specification sheets usually give the recommended dilution
for immunohistochemistry usage.

At 05:41 PM 8/2/2004, you wrote:
>I wanted to know if some of you uses the following  Antibodies  , and to
>that dilution uses them in immunohistochemistry.
>
>Biotin-Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (Zymed 65-6140
>
>Biotin-Goat anti-Mouse (Chemicon AP181B)
>
>Thanks
>
>Dr. Hugo H. Ortega (DMV, PhD)
>
>Departament of Cellular Biology
>
>Faculty of Veterinary Sciences