[Histonet] Re: HELP PLEASE/alk. phosph.

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Wed Apr 28 05:31:47 CDT 2004

Hi,
I am missing something here? Why would you perform Fast Blue staining first and then embed in paraffin and have them next stained immunohistochemically with several markers???
Using New Fuchsin kit (DakoCyto) you will obtain a more permanent AP reaction product. It just dissolves a little bit in alcohol. Furthermore, there is Vector Red AP chromogen kit from Vector Labs. Its reaction product is also dissolving a little bit in alcohol. If you have strong staining from your immuno there is no problem processing the slides through alcohol-xylene and mount up organically.
If you change your marker enzyme to b-galactosidase and using X-gal as substrate/ferri-ferrocyanide as chromogen one yields a reaction product that can stand everything without being affected or dissolved.
Hope this helps

Chris van der Loos, PhD
Dept. of Pathology
Academic Medical Center