[Histonet] beta galactosidase nuclear counterstain

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Fri Apr 23 16:02:08 CDT 2004

The blue product of the galactosidase reaction is
an indigoid dye and it's insoluble in alcohols and
xylene. I think you must be doing something wrong
here!  Nuclear fast red isn't always the dye that
it should be. (The name has been applied to different
compounds; the one to use for nuclei is CI 60760,
made up usually as a 0.1% solution in 5% alum. Boil;
cool overnight; filter to remove crud.)

John Kiernan
London, Canada