[Histonet] Chemokine staining

Sebree Linda A. la.sebree <@t> hosp.wisc.edu
Wed Apr 21 10:37:42 CDT 2004

We have a colleague that is somewhat new to IHC staining who is being asked to stain for a number of antigens in the chemokine class.  The antibodies he was given to use have not been tried on FFPE tissues.  We're not familiar with staining of this class of antigens and are wondering if anyone out in Histonet land has experience in this area.  I'm thinking, for example, of having to permeabilize the cell nucleus for staining of cytokines.  Any suggestions would be helpful as right now he's getting no staining at all.

Thanks again,

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Clinical & Research Laboratory
DM223-VA
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792