[Histonet] Proteoglycan - decalcification

balajimr <@t> drreddys.com balajimr <@t> drreddys.com
Tue Apr 20 22:12:27 CDT 2004

Dear Callis,

Thank you very much for your replies to my earlier mails. This is with
regard to Saf/FG staining of cartilage. I want to demonstrate
proteoglycans in cartilage of femur joint, tarsal joint and ankle joint. I
am in the process of standardization of the same. I have taken a trial
tissue of joints from Rat and I have used 20% EDTA  for decalcification. I
read somewhere that it affects the proteoglycan staining. Is it true? If
so could you please suggest a good decalcifier for the same.Also let me
know how long I can fix these joints for good fixation in NBF. Thanks in
advance.

Dr. Balaji
Dept. Pre clinical safety evaluation,
Discovery research,
Dr. Reddys Laboratories ltd. Bollaram Road,
Miyapur, Hyderabad, 500 049
 Andhra Pradseh, INDIA

Tel: 23045439 - Ext.432.