[Histonet] more ?? on rat turbs...

Antonia Abeyta ALAbeyta <@t> salud.unm.edu
Tue Apr 20 10:07:15 CDT 2004

Hi again, I am still struggling with these rat turbinates.  For those
who are experienced in cutting frozen rat turbinates, what would you
suggest for their storage both before and after cutting?  Are they
better off in the -80 or -20?  Has anyone ever had trouble with them
drying out, and if so, did you find a solution?  We are cutting these
sections thinly on a cryostat and mounting them on probe plus slides.
Because we are having trouble keeping them on, we are also thinking
about using coated slides.  Any suugestions on a slilde coating media we
should use?

A bunch of question, I know, I appreciate everyone's help.

Antonia

Antonia L. Abeyta
Health Sciences Tech. III
Community Environmental Health Program