[Histonet] BrdU invivo dosage

balajimr <@t> drreddys.com balajimr <@t> drreddys.com
Thu Apr 15 00:06:08 CDT 2004

   Dear histonetter:

         Can  anyone  tell me the exact dose of Bromo deoxy uridine in
rats and mice for the purpose of invivo labelling for immunohistochemistry
(particularly my interest is intestines  and urinary bladder). We plan to
carryout both intraperitonially and orally through drinking water.As for
as I know the dose in mice is 100mg/kg IP at a dose volume of 20 ml/kg. Is
it OK to  dilute BrdU in only PBS or any other combination is required. .
It will be of great help for me  if you could provide me the reference
literature for the same.Thanks in advance.

Dr. Balaji  (M. V. Sc. Path)
Dept. Pre clinical safety evaluation,
Discovery research,
Dr. Reddys Laboratories ltd. Bollaram Road,
Miyapur, Hyderabad, 500 049
 Andhra Pradseh, INDIA

Tel: 23045439 - Ext.432.