[Histonet] Vibratome Considerations

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> earthlink.net
Mon Apr 12 17:48:27 CDT 2004

Danielle,
         The thick sections we have been staining have seemed to prefer
long incubations. Overnight would probably be best. Our PGP on skin
biopsies at 50 um (free floating sections) have actually had the best
results when they were left over the weekend but I have a hunch that we
could do better with a more concentrated antibody. The shaker table is a
good idea for free floating sections (if that is your plan). If you are
labeling on a mounted slide the long incubation at room temperature and the
shaker would probably cause a loss of the reagent.
Amos Brooks