[Histonet] beta-gal on mouse tibia

Flynn, Evelyn Evelyn.Flynn <@t> childrens.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 9 10:14:32 CDT 2004

Dear Patsy,
       I did decalcification with EDTA (7.5%) on mouse tibias which had been previously
stained with beta-gal. Some were embedded in paraffin; sections were stained with eosin.
Others were embedded in JB-4. I encountered no problems.

Evelyn Flynn

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Patsy Ruegg
Sent: Tue 4/6/2004 2:22 PM
To: Histonet <@t> Pathology. Swmed. Edu
Subject: [Histonet] beta-gal on mouse tibia

Has anyone done this on bone?  Gayle was very kind to provide me with a
procedure for soft tissues but I am just wondering how decalcification would
effect beta-gal staining.  Perhaps the samples should be stained and then
processed into GMA resin without decal?  Would the GMA have an adverse
effect on the beta-gal whole mount staining?????
Thanks for your advise.
Patsy