[Histonet] porcine insulin

Kim Merriam kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 13:59:11 CDT 2004

I would use a biotinylated anti-guinea pig antibody.  I'm not sure if the anti-rabbit antibody would bind the the GP primary antibody you are using.  I'm pretty sure that Vector sells an anti-GP secondary antibody (I think they also sell a guinea pig ABC and alk phos kit, depending on the detection system you are using).

Good luck,

Kim Merriam'
Novartis
Cambridge, MA

"Stryker, S. (HLK)" <S.Stryker <@t> lumc.nl> wrote:
Hello everybody,

I'm hoping someone can give me any suggestions on how to detect insulin on a
(paraffin embedded formalin-fixed or frozen) porcine section using the
following antibodies:

- primary antibody: Guinea Pig anti-insulin (Dako)
- secondary antibody: Swine anti-Rabbit (Dako)

According to the DAKO catalogous the anti-Rabbit should work in this combo.
I have tried it over and over again, using different protocols, but somehow
I just can't get the job done...

Thanks in advance!

Samantha
s.stryker <@t> lumc.nl