[Histonet] Help with frozen section staining

Greg Dobbin dobbin <@t> upei.ca
Fri Apr 2 06:02:23 CST 2004

Hi Pierre-André (neighbor),
I don't see the OCT being the most likely culprit, unless MAYBE if
you were perfusing with it. The OCT should only be surrounding
your tissue sections (not entering into them).  I would be more
inclined to look at:
a) the fixative (try brand new batch, if the fixative is faulty, your
sections will not tolerate the non-isotonic and perhaps acid or basic
pH of your staining solutions). And then
b) the mounting medium (for clarity) and the coverslips for defects.
(presumably you've ruled out the microscope as the problem?)
Good luck.
Greg