[Histonet] RE: C4d antibody on Paraffin sections

yichao wu yichaowu <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Apr 1 06:36:50 CST 2004

Dear Donovan,

Sorry for the late reply. Actually I learned the method from a refence,but I
could not remember the exact journal and article now.

The sections I used were acetone-methanol(1:1) fixed paraffin embedded
sections with. I have not tried on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded
sections.But I remember that in the reference mentioned above,it reads that
this method is applicable on formalin-fixed sections.

The procedures are not special,just add the pretreatment with 88% formic
acid.That is to say,
Dewaxing;
Draw a circle around the sections with PAP pen;
Incubate with PBS;
Incubate with 88% formic acid (diluted with ddH2O i.e. pure water) for 20
minutes in room temperature;
Incubate with 10% fetal bovine serum as the blocker (or other kinds of block
serum);
Incubate with monoclonal mouse anti-C4d antibody (A213 from Quidel USA) at
4C overnight;
Incubate with FITC-conjugated rabbit anti-mouse IgG antibody (from DAKO) for
40 mins at RT;
Observe under fluorescent microscope...

Besides, it is not any advertisement for those products I mentioned! :-)
Just a little experience.

Wish it is helpful. And thank you for your attention.You are much welcomed!

Yichao WU,Ph.D Candidate

Research Insititute of Nephrology
305 East Zhongshan Road
Nanjing 210002,P.R.China