[Histonet] Paraffin Embedding of Mice Tissue

Kelly Salceies KSalceies <@t> salud.unm.edu
Mon Sep 29 09:01:18 CDT 2003

Hi Everyone,

I am a brand new Tech and am having trouble preping some mouse tissue
for paraffin embedding. I have all different tissues (liver, heart,
quads, brain, lung, and gastroc) and would like to prep all tissues (if
possible)  under the same conditions. I have been using the Shandon
Hypercenter XP or the Shandon Histowave (microwave tissue processor...).
Does anybody have a good protocol for mouse tissues on either of these
instruments?? I have tried a number of protocols, but all my tissue has
been really dry in cutting...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Kelly Salceies
University of New Mexico
Health Sciences Center