[Histonet] Continuing education on the web - free

Morken, Tim - Labvision tpmorken <@t> labvision.com
Tue Sep 23 10:42:36 CDT 2003

Dear Histonetters,

Lab Vision/NeoMarkers has always followed the philosophy that the needs of
the customer come before any concern with products. Lab Vision started out
as a resource for antibody information and was known among researchers as a
place to go to find out how to get an antibody even if Lab Vision did not
carry the product. In other cases we have offered technical help to
laboratories even if they did not use our products. Continuing with that
philosophy Lab Vision recently instituted a free tutorial program for
histotechnologists that can be used for personal and in-house continuing
education. Our feeling is that continuing education for histotechnologists
is still a difficult proposition since so many do not have the opportunity
to attend meetings and conventions. The internet offers a way to bring
high-quality continuing education opportunities to every histotechnologist
at their convenience.

We have one tutorial posted now covering "The Role of the Histology Lab in
Bioterrorism" (aimed at the US audience) which was first presented at the
2002 NSH meeting. Other tutorials will be added later as we develop them.
These are different than some others because tests must be passed in order
to move to the successive sections of the tutorial. After finishing the
tutorial the user will receive a certificate confirming completion. We hope
that these tutorials will help histotechnologists and laboratories with
their requirements for continuing education. We are in discussions to become
a provider of programs that the ASCP and state licensing boards will accept
for their requirements of continuing education.

To access the tutorial please go to the Lab Vision website
(www.labvision.com <http://www.labvision.com/> ) and click on the navigation
button "Tutorial Program." Each user must create a user account and give
some information that will be used only to send a certificate at the finish
of the program. No information given will be used for sales or marketing
purposes. This program is intended solely for educational purposes.

Please contact me with any questions.

Tim Morken
Product Development
Lab Vision / NeoMarkers