[Histonet] Adhesives suitable for Antigen Retrieval

Driessen, L. L.Driessen <@t> orthop.umcn.nl
Mon Sep 22 00:55:16 CDT 2003

Hello,

Is someone familiar with adhesives that can be used in combination with antigen retrieval techniques? Recently I've tried to perform this AR-technique on MMA-sections that where fixed to a glass-carrier using a gelatine-adhesive. Unfortunately the slices came loose. The AR-technique I used was heating the slides for 10 minutes at 100 °C.
Needs to say that I use a mixture of ethanol and butoxy-ethanol for stretching out the slices onto the glass-carrier, which might or might not influence the adhesive capacity of certain adhesives.

Leon Driessen
Orthopaedic Research Lab
UMCN-St. Radboud, Nijmegen
The Netherlands