[Histonet] job opening

joyce judge joycejudge259 <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Sep 19 12:11:55 CDT 2003

Enclosed is the job description for a histology position we currently have
at Ardais Corp.

Joyce Judge
Ardais Corp
Lexington, MA

Histotechnologist

At ARDAIS, we have embarked upon a very special mission. We want to improve
healthcare by accelerating the development of safe and effective new
therapies.  We look forward eagerly to the day when there is a “right”
therapeutic solution for every patient, and when the most intractable
diseases are addressed successfully.  We believe that our work is critically
important to that goal, and we invite you to join our team.

We currently have an opportunity for a Histotechnologist. As a member of our
Histology team, this individual will prepare sections of formalin-fixed,
paraffin-embedded and flash frozen OCT embedded tissue samples.  The
selected candidate will be working with human tissues and other biological
materials producing microscopic slides and related high quality products as
well as performing automated immunohistochemistry (IHC) analysis.
Additionally, he/she  will contribute to the training of new members of the
histology team   on various histology processes.  Maintaining high standards
of quality as it relates to both process and finished product is critical to
success in this role.

We require an AS/BS in Biological Sciences or equivalent and 5+ years of
related experience, preferably in biotechnology. Strong preference for
candidates with experience in either IHC analysis or tissue microarray
construction. In addition to excellent technical skills, we are looking for
a team player that can work with a diverse group of scientific and clinical
professionals in a growing and rapidly evolving environment. The ideal
candidate will also possess excellent interpersonal and communication
skills.  Strong preference for candidates with HT/HTL (ASCP) certification
and demonstrated experience gained in either biotechnology or a research
environment.

This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual who is interested in
working in a fast paced setting with a group of talented professionals.
Interested applicants please send resume, referencing this position title as
well as salary requirements to: deb_shapiro <@t> ardais.com or mail to Human
Resources, Ardais Corporation, 128 Spring Street, Lexington, MA  02421
781-698-0100

Ardais is an equal opportunity employer.