[Histonet] Automated IHC machine

GUTIERREZ, JUAN juan.gutierrez <@t> christushealth.org
Fri Sep 19 07:24:10 CDT 2003

What you are describing is the Ventana Benchmark.  In my opinion the best platform in the market.  No wait, the second best platform.  The Benchmark XT is the best platform, but maybe more than you need.  They also have a research platform, but I'm not familiar with it, I think is called the Discovery.  www.ventanamed.com.
1-800-227-2155.

Juan C. Gutierrez, HT(ASCP) not affiliated with Ventana.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Richard Bruggeman [mailto:rbruggeman <@t> psu.edu]
	Sent: Thu 9/18/2003 1:24 PM
	To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
	Subject: [Histonet] Automated IHC machine

	We are looking to purchase a new automated stainer for our pathology research lab and would like to hear some recommendations from the group.  Our needs include the ability to be highly adaptable and variable, almost on a daily basis (this is purely for research.)  We do not necessarily need extremely high throughput (20 slides per run would be fine.)  The ability to perform ISH and antigen retrieval would be nice as well.  If anyone has a suggestion as to what unit to purchase, we would be grateful.  Thanks!

	Richard "Trey" Bruggeman

	Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
	Penn State College of Medicine
	Department of Pathology, H179