[Histonet] HT Exam

Lee & Peggy Wenk lpwenk <@t> mail.netquest.com
Thu Sep 18 19:04:33 CDT 2003

The NSH webpage on Education has a list of recommended study
guides/textbooks. I believe it is the same list as that given out by ASCP to
candidates who have signed up to take the HT or HTL exams.

http://www.nsh.org/education/studyaids.html

I would also like to suggest the HT/HTL Study Guide and Workbook put
together by histotechs in the Michigan Society of Histotechnologists,
including program directors of histotechnology programs and speakers on
various topics at NSH and state symposiums.

It is a comprehensive outline of what is on the exam, along with areas that
the person has to fill in for themselves, such as definitions.

Also, there are worksheets to copy, to be used as templates for each of the
fixatives, special stains, decalcifiers, etc., in which the person again has
to look up the information in order to complete the worksheets.

It is a way to organize your studying, and make you look up the needed
information. It was designed for those people having to study on their own.

It is $18 (US funds)(check made out to "MSH", no charge cards or POs).

Mail to: Michigan Society of Histotechnologists, c/o Dick Dapson, 1020 Harts
Lake Road, Battle Creek, MI  49015

(Disclaimer: Yes, I am a MSH member. No, I don't get any money out of this.)

Hope this helps.

Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS
Schools of Histotechnology
William Beaumont Hospital