[Histonet] BrdU and EM?

Mezey Szilvia mezey <@t> ana.sote.hu
Thu Sep 18 03:59:28 CDT 2003

 Yes, I have tried with all kinds of concentrations of HCl and
different times of incubation as well. The BrdU labelling works even
with 10 minutes of HCl incubation (this is not very consistent,
though) but the ultrastructure is 'dead' by that time.

 Has anyone got any experience with breaking DNA strands using
UV light? What's the wavelength that could be used and how long
does the tissue need to be exposed? My first try was our
fluorescent microscope (at 360-370 nm), exposure time 1 hour, but
it doesn't seem to do the job .

 Szilvi Mezey