[Histonet] KnifeMaker

Paul Howard Lockwood tigersnake <@t> ecybermind.net
Wed Sep 17 21:32:12 CDT 2003

Dear Joyce,
     You would be surprised where you can find the kind of spring you need for something like that. I would first suggest an auto parts store. One of the big ones would
have something like. Also check out a farmer's store, like Tractor Supply. Some of the mill supply stores may have the appropriate spring. The yellow pages for your
local area would help you pinpoint what store may have what. You may even want to give a lumberyard, or building supplier retailer like Lowes or Home Depot a try.
     From all the years I've spent working on old cars, I have found that when a particular supplier (like dealer's only parts) no longer has the required item, other places
will have it, or at least a part similar enough that the original may be substituted with confindence.
     I hope this helps.
     Sincerely,
     Paul Lockwood