[Histonet] Masson Trichrome stain

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Wed Sep 17 13:48:52 CDT 2003

    Since Brian is working with bone marrow stem cells trying to
identify them, their derivitives or their products  based on colors
adult tissues give with a certain stain is someplace between risky and
bad science.
    As for

"Smooth muscle and tendon often
have similar microscopic morphology"

they do not. Smooth muscle is composed of smooth muscle cells, tendon is composed largely of collagen fibers. Yes, a good trichrome can be useful (and beautiful) but it is not a substitute for knowing what you are looking at.

Geoff