[Histonet] Underprocessed tissue

Michelle D. Moore tmhpath <@t> amigo.net
Wed Sep 17 11:30:47 CDT 2003

Hello fellow histonetters, hope everyone is having a good day so far! I am in a bind and I know you can help me, I was embedding this morning and having a very difficult time with my tissues, so I finally finished embedding and when I started to cut, nothing and I mean nothing would section UUGH. Well in the process I thought maybe it was some new paraffin I was trying so I didn't get to excited until I couldn't cut anything. Needless to say what I need from you wonderful people is help on reprocessing my tissue I know I need to remove the paraffin that's in the tissue and clear the xylene out but I have no procedure for doing this and it has been years since I have had to do it. Any help you could direct my way or any procedure that you would be willing to share would be greatly appreciated!! THANK YOU in advance for saving my rear I do appreciate it a lot. That's the beauty of the histonet people helping people.

Michelle D. Moore HT (ASCP)
The Memorial Hospital
Craig, CO