[Histonet] CAP Question anp.23075

Barnhart, Tammy Tbarnhart <@t> primecare.org
Mon Sep 15 06:25:59 CDT 2003

Hazel,
           We struggled with this one too.  In fact my last inspector didn't
know what to make of this question, either.  I gave examples of: when we
brake down the cryostat for cleaning (or maintenance) we always use a chuck
of OTC to realign the roll plate and make sure the instrument is cutting OK,
or when our stainer has maintenance work done we run a test batch of slides
to make sure everything is working properly.  He seemed to like those for
examples of this standard.  Make sure you have written procedures and
documented evidence that you did these checks.

Tammy Barnhart, BS, HTL(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
St. Alexius Medical Center
Bismarck, ND
tbarnhart <@t> primecare.org <mailto:tbarnhart <@t> primecare.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: Horn, Hazel V [mailto:HornHV <@t> archildrens.org]
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2003 4:28 PM
To: HISTONET (E-mail)
Subject: [Histonet] CAP Question anp.23075

I'm having my CAP inspection soon and wondered what is meant by this
question.

Is there EVIDENCE of ongoing evaluation of results of instrument maintenance
a nd function for all devices?

The 2 questions before this one are about a schedule for checking
instruments (yes) and are the service and repair records promptly available.
(yes)

So......What does the above question pertain too??   HELP!

Hazel Horn, HT/HTL (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Arkansas Children's Hospital

Phone - 501.364.4240
Fax - 501.364.3912

   _____

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer. Thank you. Arkansas Children's Hospital

Confidentiality Notice:This e-mail message is for sole use of intended
unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution, or copying is
by replying to this e-mail and destroy/delete all copies of this e-mail
message.