[Histonet] fading times

Jose Luis Palazon Fernandez jluis.palazon <@t> icman.csic.es
Fri Sep 12 03:08:31 CDT 2003

Dear Histonetters

After my bad experience with sudan black staining, a question that I think will be of value for everyone that as me are new to the histochemistry world. I have found the list very instructive and of much value for me, and everyday I learn new things with the questions and answers you post to the list. My question is, In your experience in the different histochemistry methods, i.e. for carbohidrate, proteins, lipids, enzimes) what is the maximun period of time a slide must be read before any change in the staining (fading) can alter the results. Maybe each member can share his(her) experience with different staining methods (PAS, Alcian blue, lisine, and other aminoacids, different lipid reactions, phosphatases, etc).

greetings

José Luis