[Histonet] IMPORTANT HISTONET SERVER INFO

DeLovino, Salvacion S. Salvacion.DeLovino <@t> cshs.org
Sat Sep 6 13:15:46 CDT 2003

Thanks for a job well done! You guys deserve a standing ovation for the work
you do to serve the Histotechs all over the world. We really appreciate
everything you're doing. Thank you again!!

Salvacion S. Delovino

-----Original Message-----
From: LINDA MARGRAF MD [mailto:LMARGRAF <@t> childmed.dallas.tx.us]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 6:48 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] IMPORTANT HISTONET SERVER INFO

Dear Histonetters:
Well, we seem to have survived the transition over to the new server
despite the rocky start with the viruses and worms disabling much of the
internet for a while.  Thanks for hanging in there despite the
inconveniences (there are still> 1500 subscribers still on the list).

I wanted to explain some of the changes in the new system so you know
what to expect.
First, as many of you have figured out, you now use  different
addresses to send commands to the server and to send messages to the
list.  These addresses are at the bottom of all Histonet messages in
case you ever forget them.
To subscribe, change to digest mode, put in a vacation stoppage
notification etc. you need to go to

Provided your current email address is on the list, any messages you
want to circulate to the list go to:
histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
If your address have changed  since you subscribed (ie.  by an email
system upgrade) you may still receive Histonet mail (by internal routing
in your email system) but not be able to post messages. If so, subscribe
with your new address and let me know to remove you old address.

IMPORTANT INFO: The new server automatically  removes bad addresses,
disabled email addresses etc after a few attempts at mailing them.  (I
used to do this manually).  This means I will have no record or control
over when you get taken off the list by the server SO, if the Histonet
mail stops arriving (and there are still messages coming into the
archive website) you probably got taken off the list and need to
subscribe again.
Also the server won't post messages if they are being sent to more than
3 recipients. This is to block spam but may impact you if you are trying
receive a "too many recipients" notice when this happens.

This server should be faster and hopefully more stable than the old
retired Macintosh we used to run Histonet on. Let me or Herb know if you
have problems.

Thanks
Linda M
Histonet administrator