[Histonet] Looking for lead technician

GUTIERREZ, JUAN juan.gutierrez <@t> christushealth.org
Thu Sep 4 11:40:34 CDT 2003

Try USBiological, they have both rubella and rubeola for paraffin.  I have not use these Ab's, but I have used some of their other stuff with good results.  Their # is 1-800-520-3011 or on the web at www.usbio.net.
A good resource to find antibodies is www.sciquest.com.  You can do Ab searches by name or clone, and they list the different companies that supply them.  It saves a lot of time looking through all the catalogs.  Good luck.

Juan C. Gutierrez, HT(ASCP)

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Charles.Embrey [mailto:Charles.Embrey <@t> carle.com]
	Sent: Thu 9/4/2003 9:31 AM
	To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
	Subject: [Histonet] Looking for lead technician

	I am currently looking for an experienced histotech to serve as my Lead
	technician in our hospital based histology lab.  We are currently processing
	aprox 25,000 cases per year (about 200-250 blocks per day).  We use 2 VIP
	processors, Leica and Microm microtomes, a Leica Autostainer XL, and a
	Tissue Tek automated coverslipper.  We do our Immunos on a Dako autostainer.

	You would help supervise 1 HTL, 2 HTs, and 4 Lab assistants (3 of which are
	taking their HT exams this year).  We also have 1 part time evening HT and
	an HT from the University of Illinois that fills in when needed.
	We are in Champaign-Urbana Illinois, home of the University of Illinois
	Fightin Illini.  Chicago is 2 hours to the north.  Indianapolis is about 2
	hours to the east and ST Louis is about 3.5 hours to the southwest.  Being a
	collage town there is lots to do and see.

	For more information shoot me an e-mail at charles.embrey <@t> carle.com or give
	me a call at (217) 383-6621.  We are on the web at www.carle.com .

	Sorry this listing isn't all pretty and fancy but am just a manager and not
	a human resource artist.

	Thanks,
	Charles R. Embrey Jr. PA(AAPA), HT(ASCP)
	Histology Manager
	Carle Clinic, Urbana Illinois