[Histonet] Histotechnician Responsibilities

Jessica Piche jessgrocki <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 16:25:04 CDT 2003

I just found out today that my job description has changed. The job description that I have had since I started working states, "Responsible for the preparation of routine diagnostic slides by fixation and processing of tissue blocks.........." The new job description states, "Responsible for the preparation of routine (non-biopsy) diagnostic slides by fixation etc". Are there other HT's out there that are not allowed to cut small biopsy tissue samples? Are HT's only there to cut the "big tissue"? I would appreciate other peoples input on the subject. Thanks so much.

Jessica Piche-Grocki, HT