[Histonet] RE: Microwave Tissue Processors

Willis, Donna DonnaWillis <@t> texashealth.org
Wed Oct 29 10:00:27 CST 2003

Teri,
Here at Harris we have programs for Biopsy size samples and a program for
5mm thick samples that are used daily.  We also still use routine tissue
processors.  The main thing to consider is that you should be using a
laboratory microwave not a household unit.  Household units are not made for
laboratory use. There are several laboratory vendors available and
procedures must be optimized taking into consideration instrumentation,
specimen, container, reagents and even geography (altitude).  I will
decrease turn-around-time and reagent cost.   Contact the vendors and ask
for a demonstration. Milestone, Energy Beam, Sakura, Richard Allan, EMS,
Pella are a few to consider.  If there are other vendors that are on the
Histonet, I wish they would contact me so that I can include them in my
workshops.

Good luck and have fun with the technology,
Donna Willis
Histology Lab Manager
Harris Methodist Fort Worth, Tx