[Histonet] Auto stainer and coverslipper

Laurie Colbert laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com
Fri Oct 17 09:55:10 CDT 2003

We have the Sakura Tissue Tek SCA coverslipper that utilizes the film to coverslip.  I love it for our slides - it is very fast, easy to use, and relatively maintenance-free.  However, I see that you are in Orthopaedic Surgery and I would not recommend the film coverslipper for bone specimens.  If your tissue doesn't adhere to the slide well, you can get a funky cornflaking artifact.

Laurie Colbert
Huntington Hospital
Pasadena, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: Chan Wai Kam [mailto:doscwk <@t> nus.edu.sg]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 1:53 AM
To: HistoNet Server
Subject: [Histonet] Auto stainer and coverslipper

Hi Histonetters,

I would like to find out the quality of staining and coverslipping done
on those auto equipment.  We still stain our slides manually.  I'm just
wondering whether those slides coverslipped by machine would result in
any slides with air bubbles in them (as we sometimes get with manual
coverslipping).

Thanks
Julee Chan
Orthopaedic Surgery