[Histonet] Stainer & Coverslipper thoughts

GUTIERREZ, JUAN juan.gutierrez <@t> christushealth.org
Fri Oct 17 06:59:51 CDT 2003

Unfortunately the Leica  ST5020 has not come out here in the states.  My predecessor purchased one 18 months ago and we still haven't got it.
In the meantime we have tested the Surgipath Tribune and decided to go with it instead.  It doesn't connect with the coverslipper, but we have found that the Leica CV5030 to be very unreliable anyway.  On the year and a half we've had it, they had to come work on it at least twice and I'm about to place a service call on it again.  Good luck with your quest.

Juan C. Gutierrez, HT(ASCP)

	-----Original Message-----
	From: nick.kirk3 <@t> btopenworld.com [mailto:nick.kirk3 <@t> btopenworld.com]
	Sent: Fri 10/17/2003 3:12 AM
	To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
	Subject: Re: [Histonet] Stainer & Coverslipper thoughts

	It's worth having a look at the Leica ST5020 robotic stainer with intergrated CV5030 coverslipper.
	Basically you put sections on one end and get stained and coverslipped slides at the other.
	It saves a lot of time, reduces exposure to Xylene and is quick and efficient.
	I also like the touch screen control system.

	Nick Kirk
	Head Biomedical Scientist
	Histopathology
	Hinchingbrooke Hospital