[Histonet] Flatbed Scanners for EM negatives

Bill Blank bill501 <@t> mindspring.com
Wed Oct 15 13:36:11 CDT 2003

At 10:25 AM -0700 10/15/03, K. Bowden wrote:
>We use Macintosh computers and do most all of our scanning on an
>AGFA Arcus II.  I'm not sure if they sell that model any longer but
>I'm sure the latest model would have at lest the same quality if not
>better.  We scan x-rays, 35 mm slides, we have even placed MMA
>embedded sections directly in the scanner and got excellent results.

Do you scan directly on the scanner glass or does the scanner have a
negative attachment or cover? I use UMAX Powerlook III's and get poor
results when using the normal cover. But, with the negative
attachment (which is a different cover) works fine. The light is
transmitted through the negative and the CCD sensor is in the cover
which picks up the image.

Bill