[Histonet] Cyto Preps

Marion Hiles Marion.Hiles <@t> north-bristol.swest.nhs.uk
Mon Oct 13 08:59:21 CDT 2003

There was a good article,written by some guys at the Royal Victoria
Hospital, Belfast, Ireland on 'Cytology preparation for immuno' for
bloody/proteinaceous fluids in the DakoFacts publication Vol 02 No.01.
Contact DakoCytomation.

Bob Quilty
Neuropathology
Frenchay Hospital
Bristol UK

-----Original Message-----
From: Cindy/Rick DuBois [mailto:ccdub <@t> earthlink.net]
Sent: 10 October 2003 17:43
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Cyto Preps

We are interested in what reagents/procedures other labs are using to
process bloody body fluids.  What are you using to lyse the RBC's?  We
currently use plasma/thrombin, but our cytotechs are having a difficult time
reading the slides.  Does anyone know of a rapid method that does not
interfere with immuno stains?

Cindy DuBois, HT
DELTA PATHOLOGY ASSOC.
STOCKTON CA.