[Histonet] (no subject)

Martanto, Wijaya Wijaya.Martanto <@t> chbe.gatech.edu
Fri Oct 10 13:34:19 CDT 2003

hi,
I posted this question earlier but I did not get many responses, so I would like to ask a similar but more general question:

I was looking for a dye which is commonly used to mark aqueous part of tissue but does not have strong binding affinity within tissue. Specifically, I was looking for a dye which does not bind locally within animal skin in vitro (tissue marking dye will bind locally within skin). I think the dye should be hydrophilic to allow 'spreading' within the tissue. I am planning to inject the dye into the animal skin in vitro and would like to see the dye distribution within the skin. Currently, I am using tissue marking dye (which I think it's hydrophobic) and it binds locally within the skin (no diffusion/spreading). I was wondering if you have some suggestion on which commercially-available dye I should use.

Any replies can be directed to my email address shown below:

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Wijaya Martanto

wijaya.martanto <@t> chbe.gatech.edu