[Histonet] Sentinel nodes

JENNIFER SCHUMACHER jschuma1 <@t> FAIRVIEW.ORG
Wed Oct 8 15:35:13 CDT 2003

Good afternoon everyone,
We routinely cut our negative sentinel node biopsies shallow, cutting 5
levels (mounting levels 2 and 4 for IHC), approximately 30 microns
between levels.  Now, a pathologist read that "most institutions" are
cutting them deeper, approximately 100 microns between levels.  This is
totally an INFORMAL poll, but I would appreciate any feedback from the
community.  I will check the archives as well, but thought I would get
the question out there before everyone heads off to Kentucky:-)  Thanks.
 Jennifer