[Histonet] biopsy artifact

Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Wed Oct 8 10:55:44 CDT 2003

What type of fixative are you using?  I remember Jimi - saw him in concert
at the Hollywood Bowl - he was the opening act for the Mama's and Papa's
in 1966.
Anyway, back from my trip - - -I remember trying a formalin substitute at
one hospital where we did a lot of GI biopsies - the pathologists
complained about a purple haze!  Unfortunately, my Jimi Hendrix days won't
let me remember the type of formalin substitute - I'm thinking some kind
of zinc - but not sure.

Jacqueline M. O'Connor HT(ASCP)
Abbott Laboratories
Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development
Discovery Chemotheraputics
847.938.4919

"Merrill, Kathleen M" <KMMerril <@t> LancasterGeneral.org>
Sent by: histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu