[Histonet] culture cells

Greg Dobbin dobbin <@t> upei.ca
Tue Oct 7 11:59:51 CDT 2003

Hi Jose,
I may be taking this vein even further from the original question, but
just a handy little tip for your method. Once the drop of cells has
been left on the glass slide for no more than a minute, use a suction
device to remove the excess saline (carefully from the side of the
drop). I always found that leaving a whole drop to dry, not only took
longer, but left an incredible amount of salt crystals that obliterated
the preparation. The cells "stick" to the slides fairly quickly due to
electrostatic charges and you lose very few cells. The reward is a
nice clean, unobscurred preparation.
Cheers!
Greg