[Histonet] Rhodizonate for lead

izzet oguz docmichel <@t> netbulmail.com
Wed Oct 1 06:13:25 CDT 2003

Hi there,
we are trying to demonstrate lead with rhodizonate method..but it hasn't
worked yet..here is our method from "Theory and Practice of Histological
Techniques" :
prep of solution  : sodium rhodizonate 200 mg
                    distilled water     99 cm3
                    glacial acetic acid  1 cm3
                    ( FIRST DISTILLED WATER+GAA THAN ADDED 200 MG
RHODIZONATE)
Method  : 1)sections to water
          2)transfer to rhodizonate sol- 1 hour
          3)wash in tap water
          4)counterstain in 0.1 percent light green in 1 percent acetic
acid- 2 minutes (I THINK THE RATİO 1:1, I MEAN 100 CC %0.1 LİGHT
GREEN + 100 CC % 1 ACETIC ACID ?)
          5)rinse briefly in tap water
          6)mount in glycerin jelly (WE DİD THİS WİTH UNFORTUNATELY WITH
CANADA BALSAM; DOES İT AFFECT THE RESULT?)

I would like to learn every kind of suggestion from you..and also
experiences..
Thanks in advance..
İzzet