[Histonet] Specimen submission from OR (Formalin/Fresh/Saline?)

Vicki Gauch GauchV <@t> mail.amc.edu
Tue Nov 25 08:49:19 CST 2003

We receive our OR specimens fresh and they are brought to the Frozen
Section Room located in the OR by OR personnel.  Our hospital has
apprximately 630 beds.

Vicki Gauch
AMCH
Albany, NY

>>> "O'Brien, Sue" <histo <@t> bthosp.com> 11/25/03 8:47:32 AM >>>
I was just wondering how other Histology Labs receive their specimens
from
the Operating Room (OR). Also, how do the specimens come to the Lab?
(Do
Histology personnel pick up the specimens? Or do OR personnel or a
separate
transport service bring them?) If you could include how many beds your
facility has as well, I'd appreciate it. Thanks,
Sue O'Brien, Histology Supervisor
Burdette Tomlin Memorial Hospital
Cape May Court House, NJ  08210
e-mail: histo <@t> bthosp.com