[Histonet] DAB and fading

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Mon Nov 24 09:02:20 CST 2003

    Sounds like the DAB is being oxidized by something in the mounting
medium. John Kiernan has recipes for non-fading mounting media on his
website that you can make yourself. Ringing the coverslips with nail
polish may not be "necessary" but if air is getting to the sections that
may be making the problem worse. Do the experiment yourself, ring some
with nail polish and see if it helps. DAB (even with intensification)
does fade (after a few years) in Permount too, that is why I use only
DPX these days.

Geoff

--
--