[Histonet] New 2004 CPT Code

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Thu Nov 20 10:51:01 CST 2003

Doesn't "88342" include interpretation?  Why do you need to do
independent quantitation resulting in an additional charge?

Richard Cartun
Director, Immunopathology
Hartford Hospital

>>> "Weems, Joyce" <JWEEMS <@t> sjha.org> 11/20/03 09:09AM >>>
I believe it replaces 88358 for the digitalized assay testing such as
the
Chromavision system.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Nita
Searcy
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 8:59 AM
To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: [Histonet] New 2004 CPT Code

There is a new  surgical pathology CPT code- 88361- tumor
immunocytochemistry (eg, Her-2/neu, estrogen/progesterone receptor)
quantitative or semiquantitative, each antibody-
could someone give me examples of the test names that this would be
referring ? There is confusion as to just what is being conveted here.
Thanks