[Histonet] RE: Frozen section fixing problems - but paraffin works!

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Thu Nov 20 10:40:35 CST 2003

Tan,

Chris van der Loos's suggestions are superb.  You can buy a peroxidase
block from Dako that is designed for frozen sections, Perox Block, S2001 -
with sodium azide, in a buffer with 0.03% hydrogen peroxide.  I works very
well without chewing your sections off the slide, ready to use in a dropper
bottle. and we use it for convenience with most of our frozen section
animal peroxidase IHC.

Drying frozen sections is critical! After acetone fixation, we go in front
of the fan for 20 mins or so, to insure no residual acetone is present,
sections are dry.

Good luck,

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)